About me

This blog is created by a Buddhist living in Singapore. He embraces the Mahayana spirit of Bodhicitta, deeply respecting all Buddhist Traditions as expressions of Kindness guiding us on the path towards human perfection ~ Buddhahood.

He likes to post stuff that he had read or think is good to share here, sometimes he adds a little comments here and there... just sometimes..

ひらめき電球 Contact Me

Blog Archive

Labels


“Sariputra, if there are people who have already made the vow, who now make the vow, or who are about to make the vow, ‘I desire to be born in Amitabha’s country,’ these people, whether born in the past, now being born, or to be born in the future, all will irreversibly attain to anuttarasamyaksambodhi. Therefore, Sariputra, all good men and good women, if they are among those who have faith, should make the vow, ‘I will be born in that country.’”

~ Amitabha Sutra

When I obtain the Buddhahood, any being of the boundless and inconceivable Buddha-worlds of the ten quarters whose body if be touched by the rays of my splendour should not make his body and mind gentle and peaceful, in such a state that he is far more sublime than the gods and men, then may I not attain the enlightenment.

~ Amitabha Buddha's Thirty-Third Vow

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Why I created this Blog

I created this blog with the intention of gathering and share Buddhist accounts of their Buddhist practice. Being non-sectarian, I hope to provide an avenue for all Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike to share ~ let our accounts of how we overcome our difficulties and daily practice can be a guiding light to countless others. Let them become living testimonies of the Buddha's teachings.

I find that writing our experiences (testimonies) is also an important practice. Needless to say, there are so many benefits of writing testimonies. While writing, we reflect upon ourselves, face our conscience and personal devils, recheck our motivations, come to terms with what happened and learn to let go - it is a practice of self-discovery and realisation.

Writing it on regular basis makes us check our practice consistently, audit our daily Dharma application processes, and improve ourselves progressively. Most importantly for me, I find that through writing it and share with others, my life, my sufferings, my struggles all bear a greater meaning, a significance.

When I was much younger, when I created a little geocities webpage with links to Buddhist websites. I received kind messages on my guestbook. One of which caught my attention. The guy said that although he read the Buddha's teachings, but he didn't know how to apply it... What's the next step? He didn't know.

This question also occurred to me, I've read a long list of Buddhism books, know alot of theories.. but what do I really know about applying the teachings? I observed that I really learnt most from my fellow Buddhists, those good practitioners taught me how to apply, and the when they are unaware, and make mistakes, they taught me what to avoid. We learn from each others' experiences and examples.

Despite the importance of sharing our practice experiences to help oneself and others, I find a lack of such contents. Buddhists may find these experiences personal, and only share with their close friends or members of their own Sangha community. However, I hope such good sharing of life changing experiences can be made available to touch more people through the mass media.

Please contribute writings of your practice experiences and share with everyone here in this blog. Your anonymity IS guaranteed.

With Metta
~UnawakenOne~


+++++++++
Technorati:

2 comments:

Share your views on the post...